Sunday, October 2, 2011

To Africa With Love Update 2

Well, today after our AMAZING church service  I talked to my wonderful husband...(hmm I really need to get a better nickname for him... we'll call him Mr. Crunchy or Crunchy for short.) about Caleb Hope, I asked him if he thought about adopting him. He told me that he thought about it and that if we were able to that he is behind it 100%. I can not even begin to tell you the feeling of elation that ran through me. I could hardly wait to get to the computer today and email the lady that can answer all of our questions. I have to confess that I am kind of nervous.

I talked to our pastor's wife about international adoption and she offered to help us out, to make sure we don't get scammed. That is totally awesome of her! I have so many questions to ask people! : D Also at Crunchy's work there is a lady that recently adopted 2 russian girls. She informed us that the last she knew was that Africa didn't adopt out to the USA. That bit of news kind of disheartened me. But then I prayed to God and asked for him to give me the courage, strength and determination to see this to the end. If it is His will for me to adopt this baby then He will open a window for us to do it.

I keep praying for Caleb. The latest news is that he has a whole body infection due to the area that he was found in and having his umbilical cord still attached which allowed germs to flow freely into his body. He is on antibiotics and this could cause some complications when he grows up. Prayers to him always! He is already a part of my family in my heart and eyes. Even if he isn't placed with me I will always consider him a son. 

This song says it all:

KISSES IN THE WIND    (The Waiting Child's Lullabye)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

--- © Pamela Durkota, written for Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment