Monday, October 3, 2011

To Africa With Love Update 3

Well... I heard back from the lady in charge with adopting little Caleb. Unfortunately they don't do international adoptions. Which I was prepared to hear... It still broke my heart. But there is a silver lining! I am still going to send the medi center that is helping him some diapers that P(my son) out grew before we could use them and also some clothes and blankets. It's not much but it's what I can do. I will continue to pray for Caleb; the little boy that stole my heart without even meeting him. I give thanks to God for opening my heart to Caleb and his fight. In doing so I believe he started a fire that has the potential to become a fire storm in me to help all abused, neglected, unwanted and unloved children. My grandma said this to me "even the smallest steps may have the biggest impact, you never know where the little steps will lead you." What a wise and wonderful woman she is. How do you change the world? A Random Kindness. Now I just need to begin my search and inquiry into the field of child abuse and how I can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment